Cam Belt Tensioner T5 and Caddy
Genuine Volkswagen Part Number 038 109 243 M This genuine VW Cam Belt tensioner is identical in quality to the one originally fitted in the factory during production and so will fit first time, every time. Fits T5 Transporter 2003 to 2010 (1.9 litre models) and Caddy and Caddy Maxi 2004 to 2011 (1.9 & 2.0 litre mo
Genuine Volkswagen Part Number 038 109 243 M
This genuine VW Cam Belt tensioner is identical in quality to the one originally fitted in the factory during production and so will fit first time, every time.
Fits T5 Transporter 2003 to 2010 (1.9 litre models) and Caddy and Caddy Maxi 2004 to 2011 (1.9 & 2.0 litre models).
If you are in any way unsure of the compatibility of the part you are ordering please contact us and we will be happy to check for you. The photograph is for illustration purposes & the actual item may differ from the one shown.
The Cam Belt should be routinely replaced depending on mileage or the length of time fitted to the vehicle. Replacement intervals vary by vehicle model and engine type.
If the Cam Belt fails, the engine valves can collide with the pistons and cause major engine damage. Therefore it is essential that the Cam Belt and other related parts are replaced at the factory recommended change interval. It also makes sense to change the water pump at the same time on vehicles that use a Cam Belt driven water pump.
Benefits of Genuine Cam Belt Kits:
- Component quality – Every item is identical quality to new-vehicle production standard
- Engine design – Designed in conjunction with all other components
- Fitting – Contains every factory-recommended replacement component
- Pricing – Competitively priced and lower price compared to purchasing individual components
- Quality standards – VW standards that go beyond ISO and legislative requirements
- Repair times – Quicker repair times as no stopping mid-job for a missing component
- Safety – Genuine Cam Belt Kits offer optimum engine protection
- Service life – High manufacturing quality, optimal material composition and abrasion-proof coating protects the rubber teeth. This guarantees a long service life to meet factory-recommended replacement intervals
- Shelf life – Shelf life date printed on box
- Warranty restrictions – Warranty claims can be made home or abroad and covers consequential engine damage with no upper claims limit.
Key Design Features:
- Material – Composite material manufactured from nylon fabric, rubber mixture and tensile fibres
- Material-strength and dimensional stability – The Cam Belt does not stretch throughout its entire life, ensuring precision engine timing at all times
- Abrasion-resistant – Protects the rubber teeth from wear and shearing off
- Temperature and moisture resistant – Polar cold to scorching heat and moisture resistant.